It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses. “
— – George Eliot
Mary Anne Evans 22 November 1819 – 22 December 1880, better known by her pen name George Eliot, was an English novelist, journalist and translator, and one of the leading writers of the Victorian era.
Her 1872 work, Middlemarch, has been described as the greatest novel in the English language by Martin Amis and by Julian Barnes.
So, TAKE THE INITIATIVE – That is the ONLY way to growth !
via On Rains and Roses | Top Jobs, Top Talent, Top Employers – and everything in between !.
Read and practice at your own risk :-))
- Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just f*** off and leave me alone !
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tyre.
- The darkest hours come just before the dawn. So if you’re going to steal your neighbour’s milk and newspaper, that’s the time to do it.
- Sex is like air. It only becomes really important when you aren’t getting any.
- Don’t aspire to become irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
- Remember, no one is listening until you fart.
- Never forget that you are unique, like everyone else.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you think nobody cares whether you’re dead or alive, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.
- Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
- If at first you don’t succeed, avoid skydiving.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
- Have you ever lent someone £20 and never seen that person again? It was probably worth it.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreens.
- Don’t worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
- Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
- A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.
- Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry, and we get smacked on our arse. From there on in, life gets worse.
- The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
- Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.